My future husband and I love playing video games together and Portal is a favorite (even though he's better at it than me). I saw this post on Geekologie and fell in love with the idea of a Companion Cube ring box for our wedding.
I searched online and couldn't find anything like this for under $50, so we decided to make our own. This is how we pulled it off…
- $1 wooden box from a craft store
- $2 gray and pink paint
- $1.50 velvet skirt from Goodwill
- Mod Podge
How we made it
- My future husband drew out the pattern on the box and painted the whole thing.
- Then we coated it with some Mod Podge.
- We cut the foam to fit and cut the ring slits.
- We glued the velvet and let it dry completely before putting the rings in.
And it turned out AMAZING!
Want more Portal-themed wedding goodness?
Comments on DIY Companion Cube ring box for under $10
This is genius! AND it could be easily adapted to any style of ring box, really. Woot!
Comments are closed.