Offbeat Wed (formerly Offbeat Bride) has been supporting folks planning nontraditional weddings since the dawn of the internet.
Well ok, maybe not quite that long but we launched on January 1st, 2007, in conjunction with the release of Seattle author Ariel Meadow Stallings‘ book, Offbeat Bride: Creative Alternatives for Independent Brides. Over the years, we've helped 60 million people get their dose of alternative wedding planning ideas.
What initially began as a book promotional project slowly grew into a completely different beast: a publication serving millions with over 7000 posts filled with inclusive, expansive wedding inspiration.
What kind of content do we publish?
We specialize in advice for engaged folks who are creating authentic weddings full of intention and personality, especially people who don't typically feel represented by traditional wedding media. In addition to our wedding advice and real weddings on our blog, we also publish wedding downloadables, and then weird entertaining stuff on Instagram, TikTok, and Facebook.
For 15 years, Offbeat Wed has been the place on the web where offbeat couples can see people like THEM, and we have archives dedicated to readers who self-identify as…
We also have a sister site, Offbeat Home & Life… it's like Offbeat Wed for the rest of life. It's now our pleasure to serve up inspiration for about a million readers every month through our parent company, Offbeat Empire LLC.
Offbeat Wed's values:
- We celebrate and encourage folks who are trying to retain their identities through the drama and pressure of wedding planning.
- We aim to be the web's most inclusive and diverse wedding publication.
- We believe that no two weddings need to look the same, because we're all different folks.
- We are focused on constructive communication and want to prove that online wedding planning communities don't have to be snarky, bitchy places where readers decree each other tacky.
- We believe that your wedding isn't a contest — there's nothing to prove except for that you love your partner.
- We love really awesome photography, but we also love down-home depictions of love.
- We don't believe in gender essentialism (omg, girls are like THIS, and boys are like THAT) and will fight the good fight against heteronormativity and the gender binary until we die.
- We support folks all along the nontraditional spectrum. Your wedding should be a reflection of YOU, not other people's tastes — and that includes ours!
This is an advertiser-supported site. We make a point to ensure that all of our sponsored content is clearly marked as such, both on the site and on our social media feeds. We understand that advertising can be frustrating, but we're doing our best to keep our resources online and accessible.
If you'd like to know more about us (the book, the website, the company), we encourage you to check out our Frequently Asked Questions.