Tribesmaid Remi crafted these epic papier mache chess pieces with her groom the summer before they got engaged. She says, “We're not even that into chess, but after spending 100+ man-hours making them, they seemed like the perfect centerpieces.” I imagine anything with that much love and elbow grease is worth making a fuss over. This week's reader submissions also bring us some playground fun, a family cake cutting, a not-so-family cake cutting, and a couple clad in fairy wings and a cape. It's all-around fun this week in the Monday Montage.
Click these lovely Clicky Links:
- What we've pinned this week: a wine bottle centerpiece tutorial and a Darth Vader dress.
- Check out this awesomely evil-looking Borg cake. ᔥ Redditor Pat_inthehat
- If you don't get to document your proposal, someone may end up catching it by surprise, like in this tale from Mashable.
- GeekMom from Wired talks about planning a geeky-queer wedding, and documenting the whole process.
- Offbeat Home makes a headband out of a t-shirt, which could be a nice touch to a casual updo.
- Find us on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Flickr!
Want to see yourself in our Monday Montage? Submit your photos to the Offbeat Bride Flickr Pool. (Oh, and don't forget to credit your photographer!)
Comments on Papier mache centerpieces, fairy wings, and some awesome cake cuttings
Great photos, love the horse head center pieces.
love the last picture :)) so much fun
Redfeather’s dress (and cheeky smile) is fabulous! Those lace straps? Mmm-mm!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW to that cake cutting! LOl!
Redfeather’s dress is to die for. That’s pretty much what I’d imagine angels(from a fantasy anime/videogame) would wear, and that is perfection. <3
Comments are closed.