Our wedding party consists of Matt's brother and two of his buddies, and my cousin/childhood best friend (as “the best woman”) and my four brothers (as my “bridesmen”). Any tips on how to incorporate 9 men into a wedding? The only chicks are me and my best woman, Jenna, and my baby cousin (she'll be a 2 1/2 year old flower girl). In addition to the nine men, we have 4 little boys who will be taking part. A sausage-heavy wedding for sure! We're full of ideas, but I was wondering what cool offbeat ones you could add. -Shauna
A couple ideas:
- Have all those groomsmen and bridesboys carry you down the aisle on a palanquin.
- Have them create an arch of swords, light sabers, or anything else for you to walk down the aisle under
- Time for a parade!
- Give them fabulous titles and jobs like “Lead Camp Counselor,” “Wedding Captain,” “King of Ushers” (Lord of Ushing?), and give them all walkie-talkies. Or perhaps secret service sunglasses and ear-bugs?
- Have some of them act as candle lighters, complete with blowtorches and/or flame-throwers
- In terms of the ceremony, if you're planning a traditional “his/hers” wedding party altar situation, have your bridesboys stand on your side.
Offbeat brides, any other ideas?