On an epic voyage for Viking wedding ideas? Offbeat Bride's been celebrating Viking weddings for 5ever (for realsies, check out our vast archive here). We've put together 10 Viking wedding ideas to steal, from Viking wedding wardrobe fits to Viking wedding ceremony ideas and even Viking wedding invitations! There's no shortage of Viking wedding inspiration here. Let's get into it!
1) Having a Viking wedding in winter? Don't forget your furs.
2) Try a weapons exchange instead of a ring exchange at your Viking wedding like this couple!
3) Have a mead unity ceremony (bonus points if you brew your own mead).
4) Have your wedding party wield weapons!
5) Nothing says Viking wedding like on-theme artifacts at the altar.
6) Steal this brocade vest from this groom's Viking wedding!
7) Set the tone with Viking wedding invitations!
8) The officiant at this Viking wedding researched Viking language and accents for their wedding ceremony script.
9) What's a Viking wedding without armor?
10) Check out these centerpieces for a Viking wedding!
One couple wanted all 12 tables to be themed and one of them was a Viking heritage, Norway cruise themed table. The groom was of Norwegian descent and it was their dream to take a cruise through the fjords and explore his Viking heritage. I made the “fjord in a box” and decorated with with the rune for love, 2 Viking ships and a sign that “points” to Dårlig Ulv Stranden” which is from Doctor Who (one the bride's favorite series) The houses are little Icelandic cottages suspended to look like they are sitting on a rise, surrounded by the Northern lights.Nerdtastic Nuptials