Bride Ashley made these wine bottle cork placecard holders with a wax seal for her wedding.
Fun factoid: the snowflakes determined whether the guests were having steak or chicken!
Here's how to make your own cork placecard holders:
- Get a bunch of corks and face them the way you want them to face (logo side forward, maybe?).
- Sand the bottoms flat so they don't roll around all over the tables.
- Use a utility knife to score a straight line into the top of the cork, holding the blade straight up and down. Re-cut the scored line until you get a fairly deep cut. Watch your fingers!
- Clean out the extraneous pieces of cork with a plastic card, like a credit card.
- Add your placecards and test one out before repeating the process on the rest.
Not into DIYing these bad boys? You can buy them pre-made on Etsy!
More ideas for those wine corks: