Businesses often have questions about how things work with our vendor directory.
While we're always happy to chat with you about the Offbeat Wed Vendor Guide (feel free to DM us on Insta!), below you'll find the answers to the most comment questions we receive.
We encourage you to take the time to read this page carefully before purchasing a listing — as per our Advertiser Agreement, it's your responsibility to understand what you're purchasing before you make your payment.
Questions you might have before you buy a listing
Where do Offbeat Wed vendor listings appear?
Listings appear in our browsable, searchable curated directory at offbeatwed.com/wedding-vendors. The directly is linked heavily across our website:
- The guide is linked at the top of every single page across Offbeat Wed
- Recent listings are featured in a module on the home page
Within the guide, your listing appears in the location and category you request.
Where are Offbeat Wed's readers located?
Here's the breakdown of where our 2.2 million annual visitors are located:
- USA: 67% of site visitors
- UK: 8%
- Canada: 5%
- AUS/NZ: 5%
- ROW: 15%
Top US States
- CA: 13% of US site visitors
- TX: 7%
- NY: 7%
- FL: 5%
- IL, PA, VA: 4% each
- NC, OH, GA, WA, MA: MI, NJ: 3% each
Top 10 Cities
- Washington DC
How much do listings cost?
$460 for the first year, $250 for each year after that. Payments are processed via PayPal.
How do listings help me reach potential clients and customers?
Our listings are designed to drive traffic to your website and social media accounts to help you gain visitors, followers, leads, and hopefully conversions! If you choose to include your email address with your listing, clients can also email you directly from your listing. Email inquires will have the subject line “I saw you in the Offbeat Wed Vendor Guide.” We also allow you to include your phone number, for clients who want to call or text.
Your contact information is featured prominently in three locations on your vendor listing:
- The top of your listing
- The sidebar of your listing
- Again at the end of your listing
Again, our goal is to drive traffic, followers, and leads to YOU. We do not communicate with potential clients at all — we drive them to your website and social media, so that you can communicate with them directly.
What regions do you serve?
For service providers who work in specific areas, our Vendor Guide has location pages for the United States, Canada, United Kingdom & Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand. For online retailers, we have the ONLINE location.
Do listings use a do-follow link?
No. We respect Google's stance on paid links, and all links in our vendor listings are designated rel=sponsored, as per Google's recent best practices. This ensures that neither our site nor your site get penalized for any perceived SEO rule-breaking. Trust us: you want to make sure Google knows we're being cool about our links. Here's more information from Google about how to avoid perceived linking schemes.
How to get your vendor listing on our website
What's the process for buying a vendor listing?
Our vendor guide relaunched in the fall of 2021, and our process changed significantly (it's easier)!
- Submit your business for consideration via offbeatwed.com/buy/listings.
- You'll then receive an email with your approval and invoice.
- In the email, click the PayPal payment link. This will take you to the purchase page.
- Have a discount code? Before you complete your purchase, look for the text “Have a discount code?“, click “Click to enter it“, enter the discount code in the provided field, and click apply.
- Follow the onscreen instructions, entering your email address, first name, and last name.
- Make your PayPal payment. You will then receive an email with next steps, including the link to where you can create your vendor login.
- Once you've created your vendor login, you can instantly produce your vendor listing on our site. We use WordPress, and you don't need to know any code or fancy technical stuff to upload your pictures, enter your text, and add your links.
- Having difficulty producing your listing? We have a Customer Support Unicorn on staff to help you – optionally, for an additional $100, we can create your listing for you!
- Your listing is live on our site for 365 days after you create it.
Who writes vendor listing copy?
You do! Think of it as like a personal ad — we give you space to tell brides all about your business, how you cater to nontraditional couples, share examples of your work, and more. There's no limit on how many words you can write, or how much you can share.
I run an online business — what location should I choose?
We have a “location” called Online Vendors, designed exclusively for internet-based businesses that ship worldwide. Online Vendor listings will show in any location category without regional vendors.
Wait, where exactly do vendors in the “Online” location appear?
Whereas vendors who choose a location like Oregon have their listing appear on their relevant browsable location and category pages, vendors who choose the Online location appear in several differen't places.
Let's say you're an Online Vendor selling jewelry. Your listing would appear on the following pages:
- In the Jewelry category listing, with all other Jewelry vendors, both online and regional.
- In rotation on regional pages where there are no local listings, for example, South Dakota. On these regional pages that don't have active regional listings, Online Vendors are displayed in random rotation.
- On the Online Vendors “location” page, linked prominently from the navigation and main vendors page — this is our second most popular location page browsed by readers!
…This is all to say that Online Vendors get a lot of visibility in our directory.
Questions after your listing is up
Will I get a badge or button that I can put on my site?
Yep! We'll email you a link to an “Offbeat Wed featured vendor” badge that you can use on your website.
How long will my vendor listing be on your site?
365 days from the date you create your vendor login on our site — not 365 days after the date of purchase. This means that if it takes you a month after your purchase to create your login, you still get the full 365 days you purchased! (Note that this also means that if you create your login, but wait to produce your listing, you're not making the most of your 365 days.)
Can I update my listing over the year?
Yes! You can update your text, add new photos, change your links, add new promotions, or whatever other changes you want, as often as you want during the year.
Can I be listed in more than one location or category?
Yep! Additional locations OR categories can be added for $50 each. This is useful for, say, wedding coordinators in New England who want to be listed in multiple states; or photographers who also do videography and want to be listed in both Photography and Filmmaking. Contact us to add locations or categories.
How does the Destination location work?
If you're a vendor who is willing to travel anywhere for a wedding, we recommend purchasing an additional location and listing yourself in the “Destination” location.
In what order are listings displayed?
Listings are displayed in random order. On each page load, your listing is as likely to show up in the first slot as the last.
Questions about how to renew your listing
How much do renewals cost?
How will I know when it's time to renew my listing?
We'll email you a month before your listing expires, and then send you several reminders in the weeks leading up to the expiration.
My listing didn't convert to as many sales as I want. Can I get a refund?
We do not guarantee delivery of views, clicks, or conversions. Our listings are sold by the duration of publication. We'll ensure your listing is published in the category and location of your choice, and that it includes all text and photos submitted, but we are not responsible for how it performs.
Payments & Policies
Can I make payments monthly?
No. Payment is due up-front for your one year of listing on Offbeat Wed. That said, if you qualify, you can use PayPal's Bill Me Later program.
How do I pay?
We prefer PayPal (which means we accept credit cards and international payments), however if you'd like to send a check, that can be arranged. It will cause a delay in your listing going live while we wait for the check to arrive and clear, but we can do it!
Still have questions?
We're always here to talk over your questions! Email us.
Whew, got all that?
Alrighty then, LET'S DO THIS THING!