Advertising on Offbeat Wed is a little bit different. This FAQ should answer all your questions about how it works…
Who can I reach through Offbeat Wed advertising?
Here are our latest stats:
- 400k unique website visitors a month
- 153k+ followers on Facebook, 31k+ on Instagram, 22k+ followers on Twitter, and 90k+ on Pinterest
- 1 million pageviews a month
- International readership with top city markets being New York, London, Chicago, Los Angeles, Sydney, Melbourne, Toronto, Seattle, San Francisco, Houston, Philadelphia, Austin, and Brisbane — although we have hundreds of thousands of readers in cities and towns across North America and around the globe!
Can anyone advertise with Offbeat Wed?
No. Unlike many web advertising venues, we actually care about how our advertisers' campaigns do, and we won't accept an advertiser's money unless we truly believe you'll make it back from our readership.
Do listings use a follow link?
No. We respect Google's stance on paid links and note all sponsored links as rel=sponsored, as per Google's recent best practices. This ensures that neither our site nor your site get penalized for any perceived SEO rule-breaking. Trust us: you want to make sure Google knows we're being cool about our links. Here's more information from Google about how to avoid perceived linking schemes.
Is paid placement the only way to get my business on Offbeat Wed?
Nope. Photographers and other businesses are always welcome to submit their work for editorial consideration, although we receive dozens of submissions each week and can only feature a few. Paid placement is the best way to ensure you get on the site in a timely fashion, and the best way to make sure we focus on promoting you and your business — not just a wedding you worked on.
I'm doing a contest/giveaway — will you promote it?
Yes, but only as part of paid campaign like an Insta Spotlight.
How much does Offbeat Wed advertising cost?
Check out our rate sheet.
Placement FAQs: more about specific ad types
We want to answer all your questions about the nitty gritty of how we do things. Click below to learn more about…
- Offbeat Vendors Guide (What areas are represented? How do you pick which businesses to list? What does each listing include? How long is a listing up?)
- Banner ads (Where do banners appear? Can you do direct links? What size are the ads? Who can buy ads?)
- Insta Spotlight posts (Who can buy an Vendor Spotlight post? Who writes Vendor Spotlight posts? How can you help me sell specific products?)
Can I change the image or in my existing banner ad?
Yes! Each week you'll receive an email with a link to your advertiser dashboard. Click the link in your email, and you'll find a link on your dashboard to upload a new banner.
Can I do a payment plan?
While we require payment up-front, PayPal's Credit program makes it possible for ad clients to do a payment plan via PayPal.
Can I update the text/contact information in my Vendor Listing?
My ad isn't getting as many clicks as I want. Can I get a refund?
We do not guarantee clicks, so while we're not able to offer a refund, we'd love to work with you to figure out how we can improve your ad's performance. We'll ensure that your ad gets within the average number of impressions, but we are not responsible for how your ad performs. Purchase at your own risk.