You deserve a wedding ceremony that honours & affirms your values and identities.
Hi I'm Courtney (they/them), a radical, Black, intersectional feminist, queer af wedding officiant.
I believe the personal is political – even weddings
I believe ceremonies can feel like liberation and revolution
I believe in the power of joy.
As a licensed wedding officiant in Ontario, I work with folks getting married to create wedding ceremonies that feel “oh so totally them.”
You can pick from a whole range of services including meetings to complete marriage paperwork, Friend officiating, custom ceremonies, rehearsals, and ceremony consulting.
No matter the number of guests, your ceremony will get all the love, care and badassery you desire.
I'm based out of Toronto but will travel throughout Ontario and elsewhere in Canada.
Or come hang out with me on TikTok
How I cater to offbeat weddings
So what does that radical approach to wedding ceremony crafting actually look like? Here’s a sneak peek:
- Fully custom ceremonies. Focusing on what marriage, love, and community mean to you & what feels good to you. No one’s telling you how you ‘should’ feel or how you ‘should’ think
- Gender-neutral forms, processes and wedding terms
- Accessibility as a love language. Open (but never intrusive) discussions that help ensure you and your loved ones can fully participate and enjoy your ceremony. Discussions are open, non-judgmental, and never intrusive.
- Throwing assumptions out the window. We ask genuine questions instead. By letting go of assumptions we leave room for building something that really fits.
- Fun queer-theory inspired zines & booklets to guide ya in some soul searching to help us get to your totally true to you wedding ceremony
- Informed, action-oriented land acknowledgments in your ceremony
- Timely, clear, helpful guidance through the legal processes of getting married
- Fun, emojis, dancing, joyful laughter
Special prices for queer & trans folks who are Black, Indigenous and People of Colour!