Kathleen Baker Photography is a wedding photographer based out of Virginia Beach, Virginia. Kathleen specializes in capturing candid moments for the rad and the misfits on their big days. A lover of natural light and vintage-inspired direct flash, Kathleen loves trying fun techniques and unique photo styling while still delivering classic, unique images that will stand the test of time. If you're a fan of disposable cameras, Star Wars, Jack and Cokes, glam rock, sequins, being in the woods after a heavy rain, and Halloween, Kathleen is for you.
A proud affirmer of the LGBTQIA+ community, POC-ally, and LNT-compliant business, Kathleen will strive to have you and your loved ones feeling comfortable and accepted in front of the lens. She would love nothing more than to help make your dreams come true for your celebration.
Kathleen Baker Photography will act as your best friend and trusty companion throughout your entire planning process. Kathleen will delight in covering as much of your wedding as possible, from your pre-wedding preparations to an adventure session the morning after.
How I cater to offbeat weddings
Shall I just list the ways I think you’ll love me? Is that narcissistic of me? That’s fine, it’s the easiest way to show you I’m ready to be your photographer.
- I am a proud LGBTQIA+ Ally
- I am a Leave No Trace Compliant Photographer
- I will slam a PBR and take a shot of Jack without question
- 420 friendly
- My contracts are gender-neutral because what even is gender
- The weirder your vibe, the better
- The more colors you have in your wedding color palette, the better
- I don’t call wedding parties “bridesmaids” or “groomsmen”. They’re weddingfolk.
- I offer film in my packages. Yeah, like, legit film. 35mm color film on a vintage Canon film camera.
- I’m a dog mama and wife and will literally show you 1000 photos of my dog if you ask
- I can inhale a fantasy novel in like… a day. If I could be fae today I absolutely would *for any fae reading this please don’t kidnap me with no notice, my husband would be confused*
And on a real note, I was an Offbeat Bride myself. I couldn’t find anything on Pinterest that made me feel seen and nothing felt authentic in the wedding world. I had to remind myself that I am an artist and can create a dream wedding without the trends of the day impacting my planning process. And so I did! It was the most rewarding thing, and all of our vendors were just amazing additions to the day and reflected our vibe and energy perfectly, making it a perfect day.
Where to even begin! Kathleen went above and beyond every expectation we had! We did our engagement shoot with her it every moment way so joyful. She made us feel super comfortable in front of the camera and provided loads of posing ideas while still capturing the candid moments in between. Her ideas were so creative, she shot from so many different angles and had a fanny pack full of ticks which aided in the creation of some of our favorite pictures! She was incredibly encouraging of our nontraditional shoot ideas and really captured our energy and aesthetic. Aside from her beautiful images, she is such a kind soul, she immediately felt like a close friend and was wonderful to work with before and after our shoot. I also want to mention that as a LGBTQ+ and BIPOC couple she made us feel so comfortable, which can be really rare in the wedding industry - and even more so in the south. - Kaitlyn
Are you a poly triad committing to a lifetime of love? Hit me up for a 10% discount *insert eyes emoji here*
Ooooo you're a couple that's going to have the literal rainbow as your wedding colors and you're having a festival wedding? 10% off immediately for you *slamming card on table*
Examples of my work