We saw Fluffy Monster's Save the Dates last week. This week, let's check out her amazing bridal party shot. Yup, those are ray guns, capes, and some awesome flashes of color. Check out one more Fluffy Monster photo, metalic tree centerpieces, beverage-themed Save the Dates, and more on this week's reader round-up…
Whoa, this is a bouquet alternative double whammy. As Fluffy Monster explains, “I crocheted the flowers, then sewed them onto gloves, since gloves seemed much more practical than bouquets.” That's some winter wedding GENIUS! I'm also loving the bright yellow tie.
My father and his best friend (Mariano Rosales and Jeff Shaw) did the artwork, which makes these even more meaningful to us. Paul, my fiancé, has been a beer brewer as long as we've been dating (over six years now) and I've been drinking coffee probably since I was 4 (this is probably why I am short). As a result, I've always been big into coffee brewing methods. Our loved ones turned us into our favorite brews and came up with a fitting phrase to go along with it. I always wear my hair in a pony tail (hence the coffee spilling) and Paul notoriously wears plaid shirts. That's his trademark facial hair and glasses.
Tribesmaid Candicimo described her wedding as “more like a birthday party for a pre-teen boy.” Which not only sounds AWESOME, but was proven to be awesome by this “achievement unlocked” photo. Their graphic designer friend made the sign, had it professionally printed for them, and then made the PDF available for all y'all if you want to unlock this achievement as well!
- Did you know that our very own Rebel Belle was the wedding planner for Arlene and Dick Van Dyke (yes THAT Dick Van Dyke)'s wedding? It was a “Seafoam Circus” theme and it was AMAZING.
- Speaking of themed weddings, this Shrek and Fiona-themed wedding on Geekologie went above and beyond!
- Leave it to io9 to present us with the physicist who proposed to his physicist girlfriend in the form of an academic paper.
- I KNOW we have Princess Bride fans in the house. So you'll probably love 17 things The Princess Bride taught me about autism parenting over on Offbeat Families.
- Do you and your partner have wildly different schedules? Offbeat Home has a post for you to read: Shift work: Learning to love our offbeat schedules
- Only want to follow our posts about eloping (or any of our other niche topics)? If you're an RSS user, you'll want to know about this little hack.
We demand more awesome wedding-related reader photos — Upload your photos to our Flickr pool!
planner: Rebel Belle